Author Topic: Immokalee Regional Raceway  (Read 2856 times)

Mark Breznay

• Niagara Pioneer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Immokalee Regional Raceway
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
If any drag racing fan is ever in the southwest part of Florida, Immokalee Regional Raceway is must!  It's an airport-based 1/8 mile racer's track, with very limited seating and one concession stand.  However, don't let the lack of amenities scare you, as IRR is a super-well-prepared track where the cars just hook up and go.  Bill Nojaim, Denny Gaughan and I have been over to IRR several times and not only is track prep great, but the facility is very well run.  Ralph Hester and crew run a very tight ship.  For example, Denny, a friend of his and I attended the IHRA Pro-Am race on Super Bowl Sunday.  We met in Immokalee for breakfast at 8:00 AM, headed for the track, (a short hop) walked around, watched the time trials/qualifying and eliminations started about 11:00.  Great racing and the race finished before 3:00 PM and we headed home, (Denny & his friend back to Avon Park in Central Fl).  We made it back home, (me to Miami) with plenty of time to spare before the game started.

All in all, a great track to visit.  If you are in that part of Florida, don't miss it!